Tuesday 28 July 2009

Hello World



Today made a nice change from the norm. The dark and the damp, frankly, were becoming oppressive and I wanted out.

My first glimpse of daylight came at around 9am. But then nothing for hours.

Lunch came at 2 but by that time I had little interest and had decided to make a break for it myself. It took until 4.30 before anyone was really taking me seriously, but it's funny how fast things finally happen once you have their attention.

I'd made significant progress myself, despite little help from the one person I needed it most. But to give her credit, once things were underway she proved herself the perfect accomplice.

It was heavy, hard toil for both of us. But by working together we made short work of it and by 7.27 it was done. I had come out the other side and had my first taste of fresh air and freedom after 9 months of incarceration.

Now it's play time. Watch out world, here I come.

AMK

2 comments:

  1. Good effort AMK - but be very careful! I made a succesful break for freedom at your age and they didn't want me back! - b***er, no dinner! I had to be on my best ingratiating behaviour for at least half an hour before they relented. Life is a dangerous game.
    Grandpa Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as the saying goes - missing you already!! Your homeless grandparents are back in Wales and the distance seems enormous. Welcome to the world little one and just keep us informed of your exploits over the next few days, we will be reading your every word and dribble.

    love and wet kisses Nanna

    ReplyDelete