Friday 16 October 2009

Hello Bears. Hello Bed. Hello Home.

Norfolk is a jolly old place. I've now seen the sea, trod the boards of Cromer Pier, hitched a ride across Holkham sands and this afternoon I even made friends with the locals in the Vernon Arms.

Sitting next to the roaring fire in an old Chesterfield, I was chatting to Daddy over a pint of Old RumbleGuts when one bearded fellow in work boots asked me for a dose of my gripe water; it seems one of his chums was suffering a little heartburn. A sachet of Gaviscon later and we were all as thick as thieves.

All good things must eventually come to an end though, and today we packed up the car and headed home. We got as far as Hertford and had a stop-over at Auntie Sophie's to see her and Tabitha Toes. Auntie Amy and Ellie were there too, which meant we had enough people to make it a party. There was food and drink flying around the place (literally) and I got to spend some qualiy time with my girls (Ellie, the minx, was wearing a very flirty outfit and wouldn't stop trying to hold my hand).

Just before we left, I couldn't help but over-hear plenty of adult talk about my captain, my weasle, my winky - a pitfall of being the only chap in the gang.

So, here we are, back at home. I will look back on my first holiday with fond, fond memories and I hope to go back to see my friends in the Vernon soon. Now it's off to my own bed, my bears and a good night's sleep.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment