Saturday 3 October 2009

It's not all Me, Me, Me. (At Least not all of the Time.)

Celebrating one’s birth day is entirely acceptable and something that friends and family should endorse and enjoy. Perhaps to mark a significant milestone, an entire weekend might be set aside for festivities. But Daddy is now into his fourth day of fun and frolics to celebrate an entirely inconsequential age; it all seems rather OTT if you ask me.

Today he disappeared off to play golf with Lauchlan “Hongi” Cameron and Stephen, his friend from work. I didn’t mind too much because it left me to spend a few hours with Mummy, Abi and Charlotte in Kingston (Daddy’s welcome to his sticks and balls!).

We all met up in the afternoon at home for some chow. I got to spend some time with everyone and tried hard not to have a little cry as all the attention got a bit much.

I suppose I should concede that the old boy has some nice friends and I shouldn't really begrudge him some playtime; him and Mummy would become very dull very quickly if it was all about me all of the time.

AMK

P.S. Stephen showed me how to flick up the collar on my polo shirt. He is a very stylish man.

No comments:

Post a Comment