Saturday 27 February 2010

Big Ern, it's Been a Long Time

This hobby lark is throwing up some interesting adventures. Parkour was ok but I'm concerned about too much impact stress on the old knees, so today I tried something new.

Like Parkour, it demands total dedication; it requires mental commitment and only the physical elite will succeed. Unlike free running, however, you tend to improve after a bucket of nachos and half a dozen Carona's. And you get to wear cool shoes to boot, as it were. Ten pin.


Yup, Billy and me went down to MegaBowl. After starting with a few duff gutter balls, I'd soon bowled my first strike. By the 10th frame we were tied on 209 and I was faced with the 7-10 split. 'Bedposts'. The hardest split of 'em all. I released the ball with unrivalled fury, right to left in-swing to dig out the 7 pin and pick up the 10 on the re-bound.

But I missed and Billy won. Still, it was a fun way to celebrate my 7 month birthday.

Mummy was kind: here she is trying to rig the scores in my favour.

No matter, I shall get my revenge next time. Afterwards we all went back to Billy's house for supper and fun. I had a consolation bottle of milk and mulled over my ten pin future.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment