Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Birthday Nanna

Today was Nanna's birthday. Discretion forbids me from telling you, my dear reader, just which birthday it was but needless to say it was a BIG one. (And there's a clue in the picture.)

We all helped her celebrate by filling the house with balloons, cooking up a big feast and Uncle Phil even baked a hundred cupcakes (I shall start calling him Pillsbury Phil).

We sang 'Happy Birthday' and gave Nanna lots of presents. Auntie Stephanie bought lots of balloons too, although I was a little put out that they weren't for me (but Nanna shared, because she's nice like that).

I made her a mug with my mug on it, so she can see my mug whenever she has a mug of coffee. M&D bought her a purse with their pennies - something she can keep her pennies in. And Grandad gave her a special box full of pens and paper, but no crayons.

As we're all flung far and wide, it's nice to have an excuse to meet up together. Some families live in the same street, even the same house. Others live thousands of miles away from one another and never meet up. I think we've got it just right - every time I see Nanna and Grandad, Auntie Stephanie and Pillsbury Phil, GG and Grandpa it's always exciting. And I know it will only be a few weeks until our next adventure together. The only exception is Auntie Danny - I feel a jaunt to the tropical paradise of Jersey is long overdue.

But back to the festivities - Happy Birthday Nanna!

Your favourite grandson,

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment