Wednesday 9 September 2009

The Littlest Hobo

To make my way in life I will need to quickly get to grips with the philosophy of a free market. It's sad, but true (unless I'm drawn to the life of a hobo).

I already understand that Daddy disappears in the morning and comes home at night in order to earn pounds, which we then exchange for toys, clothes, toys and stuff. But I've also noticed how M&D exchange what they call 'Brownie Points'. Daddy had built up a significant surplus of these but today blew the lot by going to watch the football at Wembley.

I didn't mind being left at home because Auntie Stephanie came to visit. We had a nice time playing while Mummy cooked up some supper. She thinks I might have some teeth soon. I hope she comes to see us again soon.

I took a sneaky peek at the TV to find out what was going on at Wembley so I could discuss the match with Daddy when he got home. From what I can gather, England's performance stunned the usually rock solid Croatians.

Despite a late consolation goal, Bilic was shortlisting players for a post-match knee-capping with 20 minutes still on the clock. As the post-match analysis on Goal.com nicely summed-up, "by this stage of proceedings Fabio Capello could have sent on Keith Harris and Orville without imperiling England’s passage to South Africa ... The glory was all England’s, with full-time celebrations for a merited win and flawless qualification campaign." Final score? 5-1!

Unfortunately, Daddy didn't get back until really late. His Brownie Point balance is now well into the red.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment