Tuesday 15 September 2009

Happy Birthday Toes!

So far in this short adventure I've been counting my age in weeks. To the uninitiated, a parent's ability to give their child's age in weeks, days and even hours is baffling, impressive and daunting. But to those in the know it's simply a case of needing a regular milestone, an achievable step back towards a modicum of normality.

I just think it's childish, which is why I'm pleased for Tabitha. She's the first one in our gang to hit the magic Year - happy birthday Toes! Mummy and me had a nice trip to Auntie Sophie's house today to wish the Tabster happy birthday in person. Mummy helped me make her a special birthday card and and a Rumble in the Jungle picture.

Things nearly turned awkward when Auntie Amy and Ellie arrived. You see, the card I made for Tabitha had a rather racey message inside, and the last thing I wanted was a 'scene' if Ellie clocked it. But then I remembered we're all too young to read anyway so crisis was averted.

We all had a jolly day together, I just hope we can all meet up again soon.

AMK

ps. If Auntie Amy or Auntie Sophie have any pics of the big day, pls send them to me at Angus.Kerr@live.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment