Wednesday 16 September 2009

While the Cat's Away.

Daddy's off today, leaving Mummy and me to have some fun until Friday. While he's holed-up in a chocolate factory in Cornwall, me and Mummy are off to Wimbers to see GG and Grandpa.

I'm somewhat of a celebrity in Wimborne now: there seems to be a never-ending stream of people wanting to pop in to see me, which is splendid. But as every theatrical agent will tell you, it's important to always leave your audience wanting more and unfortunately I may well now be suffering from over-exposure in Dorset.

You see, while we were walking around the square I got caught short and Mummy had to change my bum on the Minster lawn. She did nothing to hide my dignity, ensuring tourists and locals alike got a glimpse of more than just the clock tower.

Thankfully, the local paper is weekly so my indiscretion won't be plastered across the news-stands until we're back in The Wick. So upon arrival at the golf club, there were no ugly scenes. I met Judy and Jackie at The Dudsbury; they're friends of GG and when they're not slogging it out on the course, they're to be found slumming it in the clubhouse. Mummy had to prise me out of Judy's arms when it was time to leave.

Caroline and Finlay came to play later on. Finlay and me played with my toys on my mat while Caroline and Mummy talked about grown-up stuff. Boring. In the end though, they joined us boys but I really wish they hadn't - they insisted on singing us nursery rhymes. (You'd understand if you've ever heard Mummy sing.) Emma came round to play too and before long she was signing along too. Lorks a lordy.

Anyway, here I am trying to impress Finlay by shaking my left arm really fast. Judging by his reaction, I clearly need to raise my game when hanging out with the big boys.


The last visitor of the day (poor Grandpa has had his house turned into Picadilly Circus) was Pam, the nice lady who made me my woollen cardigan. Her talents don't start and end at knitting - she gave me a splendid cuddle and fed me my bottle.

Holidays really are terrific.

AMK

p.s. Grandpa seems to have upped his game since losing to Daddy a few weeks ago. Using it as a motivational spur, he's since won match after match and is now Seniors Champion! Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment