Friday 21 August 2009

Home from Home

Folks flock to Dorset for peace and relaxation; at least that's what I was hoping for until my morning was over-taken by a flurry of visitors. It seems my reputation had preceded me and a cue of well-wishers were lined up to say hello.

Graham and Janet, who live next door to Gandpa and GG, were first to say hello. Graham is very rock and roll - he plays guitar in a folk band and drives an old Jaguar car.

Then Auntie Marg and Emma were next to say hello and brought me a cool toy. Mummy went to school with Emma, which was a very long time ago! Next it was Eleanor who lives over the road. Her mummy made me a lovely cardigan before I was born and when I'm older I shall try Mr Small's elderflower wine. Lovely. Eleanor makes books and I'm wondering whether she might publish these memoirs.

Daddy also came to see us tonight. I'd almost forgotten what he looked like, but the penny dropped when he sang the burp song and I clocked his stripey socks.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment