Monday 31 August 2009

Summer Bank Holiday as it Should be - Antipodean Style

I like Bank holidays as it means Daddy stays at home and there's feverish excitement about 'what the weather will do'. On the meteorological front, this particular Bank Holiday was a disaster - the sun shone all day to confound the general populous - but we made the most of an unexpected situation.

Abi and Lauchlan came to visit today. Just when I thought I was getting to grips with the wider world, someone comes along to remind me that this planet is going to take some time to conquer. Lauch, who was born in New Zealand, flew back from America this morning. Not only that, but he lives in Camberley! He's positively the most travelled and exotic person I have ever met.



Lauch said 'hello' to me by rubbing noses. In New Zealand it's called a hongi. I thought it was all a bit forward personally, but I shall remember it should I ever be wondering through Auckland. Or Camberley High Street.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment