Wednesday 19 August 2009

This Week, AMK Recommends...


I do appreciate why I have to suffer the unpleasantness of having my pants changed every few hours (the icy breeze around the nether regions, the rashes, the general indignity of it all), but it irks me beyond belief when it's all a waste of time! Although buying them makes M&D feel all "eco" and self-righteous, the Nature Babycare decaf-semi-skimmed-sugar-free-organic-compost-enriched-biodegradale-goody-two-shoes nappies aren't my favourite.


First, the weight. Even before I've done anything they feel like I'm lugging around a giant haggis. Then it's the lack of freedom they proffer; there's nothing I enjoy more at the moment than a good thrash around, but these things force my legs permanently akimbo. Last but not least, there's nothing more irritating than a wet back after the relative pleasure of a nice long wee. Unless they're done up tight enough to split me in two, they inexplicably leak wee wee all up my back. Oh, and because the matching eco-nappy sacks are un-scented they don't stop my room smelling of poo.

Still, they have a nice pattern on them (just because I'm a baby please don't think I need cartoons on my pants).

Next, it's Huggies. I don't know what your average Huggies baby eats, but boy do these things prepare you for the worst. Plenty of room in these ones - I call them my rapper rude boy pants because the crotch comes down to my knees (although it does make doing up the poppers of my vests that much harder). But they're comfy, do the job and I also get the satisfaction of doing a poo on Whinny the Pooh thanks to their Disney tie-up.

So this week AMK recommends ... Pampers! Not too big, not too small; plenty of give for a kick-about; easy to get into and out of; and satisfactorily absorbent. Mummy & Daddy don't even have to offset their carbons, sell the car, go vegetarian or re-cycle their own nail clippings to ease their guilty conscience either as the Pampers people are planting lots of trees.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment