Sunday 16 August 2009

Melvyn Bragg's got nowt on me

One county, of which we're particularly fond, has recently been voted the most 'culturally bereft' in all of England. Apparently its primary purpose is to serve as a corridor between London and somewhere more interesting.*

I feel a little like Hertfordshire myself; so far I have spent the majority of my time sleeping. Daddy keeps singing me a song about burps and telling me the same story about a bumbling bee over and over again. I am culturally immature, if not a little retarded.

So this morning I demanded music! Daddy took me for a walk and afterwards we sat down and listened to lots of different songs. After a dalliance with Snoop and his gangster chums, a brief sing-along with The Raconteurs and even a toe-tapping little jig to Will Young, it seems my preference is for beautiful chanteuses from foreign shores.

Carla Bruni is usually kept busy buying flowers and standing down slope from her husband, President Sarkozy. However, she did find a few moments to record an album of which I'm peculiarly fond: Comme Si De Rien N'etait

The other is Tanto Tempoby Bebel Gilberto, a latino lovely of Brazilian descent who purrs along to bosso nova beats that transport you direct to Copacabana.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I like listening to these lady crooners.

AMK

No comments:

Post a Comment